Positive Effects of TMJ Treatment
If you experience jaw pain, you are not alone. Millions of Americans suffer from jaw disorders, also known as TMJ or TMJD, which refers to your temporomandibular (jaw) joint. Ongoing TMJ pain can have a serious negative impact on the quality of your life.
If you are looking for a Naples, FL dentist to address your TMJ pain, contact us to learn more about the treatment we offer. By seeking treatment for jaw pain and disorders, you can dramatically improve your comfort and health.
How TMJ Treatment Can Help
- Reduce pain – If you wake up each day with pain or if you experience facial pain or tenderness throughout the day, you may suffer from TMJD. By seeking treatment, you can feel more comfortable and potentially get a better night’s rest.
- Reduce damage to your teeth – Jaw disorders are often accompanied by clenching or grinding of your teeth. Ongoing clenching an grinding may result in broken, worn, or chipped teeth that appear prematurely aged. This wear also makes them more susceptible to decay. Our Naples, FL dentists, Drs. Childs and Childs, may recommend a nightguard to protect your teeth from wear.
- Fewer headaches – Headaches upon waking may also indicate clenching and grinding. Jaw disorders contribute to headaches as well as migraines. Treatment may provide significant relief.
- Less sensitivity – When you clench or grind your teeth, they may become more sensitive to temperature. This can be partially due to gum recession, a common problem that occurs with a misaligned bite.
- Protect your jaw joint – Untreated jaw disorders can result in wear on your joint leading to clicking, popping, and even locking. By seeking TMJ treatment early, you may eliminate the need for future jaw surgery.
Are You Looking for a Naples FL Dentist to Treat TMJ?
Our dentists are experienced with TMJ treatment options. Let us help you live a more pain-free life with effective TMJ treatment options. Call today to learn more!